3.25.2009

forth-, fifth-, or sixth-coming

I just went back and read some of the topics I indicated would be forthcoming... and a weird thing happened. I had an overwhelming feeling that I don't want to write about them. When I originally wrote out the list, I had strong feelings about each topic, but right now... I have no feelings. Maybe I'm a little burnt. Maybe the last week of the quarter took all the energy I had to think theologically. I'm sure it will come back some day, but for right now, it's not there.

So instead, I'll write about the nonsense that's been on my mind lately:

1. Why does Donovan McNabb keep getting injured on Madden '09? Can't I play a whole season without losing him? I guess both art and video games imitate life.

2. I bought a macbook and I'm really excited to get it! It's my graduation gift, and I convinced Nikki to get it early. I'm probably a little spoiled.

3. I'm carrying about 20 extra pounds, and I'm getting sick of it. I've been running and trying to eat better, but I think the bottom line is that my metabolism took another turn for the worse in the last few months.

4. I can't decide if I like twitter or if I should put my energy into it or not. Is it the next big thing or not?

5. Boston Legal is amazing, and I wish it didn't get canceled.

6. I want a Kawasaki Vulcan 750 (left). I'll get there someday. For now, I'll keep putting around on my scooter (right).



That's about all the nonsense that's going through my mind right now. I promise, there will be more meaningful stuff later. Just give me a chance to detox from seminary...

3 comments:

Amy Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Joy said...

Congratulations on finishing!! You should celebrate some more by coming for a visit and taking Nikki for a ride on my Dad's bike. It's so much fun! Also, 20 pounds or not, you look great. You're fabulous.

Griselda Johnson said...

Haha...I probably would have done the same. So many things I've wanted to write about but always said later. Problem was that when later came, I didn't want to write about it anymore. Oh well, c'est la vie.