3.17.2009

last paper

I sit here in the library about to start my last paper for Fuller Seminary. I guess I should say that it is my last masters level paper for Fuller. I'm not ready to rule out a PhD, and Fuller could be an option.

But nevertheless, here I sit, not sure where to start. I guess in all honesty, I know where to start, I just don't want to. I have my passage selected. I have a decently narrow thesis. I have three days to knock it out. I've been under the gun much more than I am right now.

Yet I'm still hesitating, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I don't want to be done. Maybe I do, but I don't want my last paper to be crap. Maybe I quit mentally long before I should have. On Sunday, I wrote a reflection style paper, and it felt like trying to run in the pool. I was pushing hard, but not really going anywhere too effectively. I guess I'm scared that's about to happen with this final paper. And such an approach will not end well for this class. I have to be on. This has to be some of my best work.

I guess I better set aside the distractions (like this blog!) and get to it. See you on the other side!

2 comments:

Cafe Pasadena said...

Often, finishing something, reaching the finish line, is the hardest part of the task or race.

The Way of The Dog will set you Free.

The Gman said...

finish strong, burst thru that tape thingy at the end of the race in full stride!