3.05.2009

post-it notes

Here's a huge pet peeve. I'm talking to someone, and for whatever reason, he or she needs to give me information (e.g. phone number, email address, website). This person grabs a post-it note (or sticky note as some call them) from a nearby desk, scribbles the pertinent info on the demon paper, and hands it to me.

I immediately think, "What am I supposed to do with this? I can't put it in my pocket because it's got the sticky part on the top. I guess I could fold it in half and essentially stick it to itself, but now the (insert pertinent info here) is hard to read. What a worthless invention." I have actually awkwardly carried the post-it note to my desk, written the info on a normal piece of paper and then, with malice, destroyed the post-it note.

Not only am I incredibly bothered by the annoyance that is the sticky section of a post-it note, but I feel that it's ethically irresponsible to provide people with yet another way to clutter their lives. We have all seen this kind of thing:



Drives me out of my mind. The evil creators of post-it notes should repent in sackcloth and ashes for the crimes to humanity.

4 comments:

Griselda Johnson said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....You really have lost it man! Why not transfer the info into an electronic device, cell, computer, etc, and save the second piece of paper you just transferred it to? Just a thought:D

Meg A. said...

I think this must mean we aren't really related.

Julie said...

this made me laugh out loud! :D it's good to know your hatred of those things... now, whenever i need to pass you a note or something over the cubicle (sp?) wall, i'll make sure to do it on a regular, non-folded, piece of paper.

Amy Joy said...

im with megs.