3.07.2009

tattoo

Hi friends. Well, I've been wanting a tattoo for a long time now, and I think 2009 will be the year. I've been messing around with designs in my head, and I just can't settle on one thing. I want to somehow combine my love of Greek/NT and music, which is kind of an interesting mix, I know. So what do you think of this?



I'm thinking it will be on my left arm/shoulder, and maybe wrap all the way around.

The word means "rhythm," and although it's not used in the NT, it is in the Septuagint (Greek translation of the OT). My thought is that it combines what I love most about music - the rhythm - and my love for the Bible/NT/Greek. I thought about using a heart rhythm to symbolize life and all that comes with it (love, friendship, pain, regret, etc).

So what do you think? I'm not sold on this, and if you think it's cheesy, tell me! I can take it.

p.s. I have to give props to my nephew Nelson, because if I remember correctly, he had the idea of a tattoo related to "rhythm." Thanks Nelson!

5 comments:

ben wideman said...

Hmm... I really like the Greek caligraphy, but the curves of the letters don't really mesh well with the sharp points of the heart rhythms. Does that make sense?

Jon said...

That makes sense... I'll mess with some other options.

The Gman said...

I like the tattoo idea with the Greek lettering. Ben makes a good point about the combos.

Julie said...

i like the idea -- i've had a few tatoo people tell me that you need to be careful with how many fine lines you want (and how cloes together they are) because if it's not done well, they can look like they ran together over time. i like the greek -- fits you; heart beat thing is neato :)

GWoman said...

I like it, I think it really represents you, which is what a tat should do. You need to go to LA Ink and see what they can do with it. Can I come with you? Maybe we can get tats together!